May 14, 2011
May 15, 2011
- Added option to turn off flashlight screen
- Fixed bug that prevented saving ruler calibration
Jun 6, 2011
- Diagonal ruler
- Fixed some bugs
Jun 8, 2011
- Fixed compass crash in Chinese locale
Jul 5, 2011
- Fixed the ruler’s inch scale
- Enabled app2SD
- Bug fixes
- Stopwatch: printed hundredths when stopped
- Reduced app side optimizing images
- Added translations to German, Dutch, Greek
- Camera LED: increased number of working devices
Sep 17, 2011
- Added calculator applet
- Bug fixes
Sep 20, 2011
- Calculator: fixed localization problem for some locales
- Calculator: fixed wrong priority for div operation
- Calculator: other minor fixes
Dec 6, 2011
- Added Magnifying Glass applet
- New implementation of flashlight’s camera LED handling: Thanks to Sergej Shafarenka!
- Flashlight app has new “choose bg color” options
- New better looking menus
- Change main app background color option
- Added Hebraic language. Improved other translations too
- Added links to online Help/FAQ/Changhelog
- Tons of bug fixes
Jul 13, 2012
- New tool: Mirror (requires front camera and android >= 2.3)
- Level: improved rendering on smaller screens
- Level: now can be used upside down
- Timer: re-designed from scratch. Now you can have up to four timers simultaneously.
- Timer: now uses standard notifications system
- Compass: improved rendering on smaller screens
- Flashlight: now you can turn on/off the light using volume buttons
- Stop watch: now you can start, get lap time, stop and reset it by using volume buttons
- Magnifying glass: various improvements
- … Tons of bugfixing and performance improvements!
Sep 18, 2012
- Added translations to Hungarian and Indonesian
- Mirror: added “rotate image” setting
- Mirror: fixed random crash when setting maximum brightness
- Calculator: added “thousands separator” option
- Calculator: various bug fixes
Feb 22, 2013
- New tool: Unit Converter
- Flashlight: Improved compatibility with some devices (Galaxy Ace and others)
- Compass: improved compatibility with Android 4.x
- Compass: improved low-pass filter
- Level: now compatible with devices without magnetometer (accelerometer required)
- Level: improved low-pass filter
- Calculator: landscape mode
- Calculator: option to save memory status between sessions
- Calculator: new function: modulo
- Calculator: new function: send result to unit converter
- Calculator: improved layout
- Magnifying Glass: improved display image size on some devices
- Magnifying Glass: landscape mode
- Mirror: improved display image size on some devices
- Mirror: landscape mode
- Ruler: added sixteenths of an inch
- Ruler: added inverted colors mode
Apr 4, 2013
- Fixed crash on start of Android 1.6 devices (we apologize for this problem!)
- Unit Converter: added some measures requested by users: pints and barrels, grains, inches of water, data measures (bits, bytes, …)
- Unit Converter: added font size selection
- Calculator: added, (finally!) the option to select the decimal separator and thousands grouping symbols
- Calculator: added gravitational constant
- Improved Russian, Romanian and Hungarian translations
May 18, 2013
- Flashlight: fixed bug that prevents “use screen as flashlight” option to be saved.
- Flashlight: improved “method 3”.
- Flashlight: added option to turn off LED while entering standby status.
- Unit Converter: Added: quarts (US), tons per square foot, pounds per square foot, centimeters of water, cups, tablespoons, teaspoons, SI version of data measures.
- Unit Converter: now works in landscape mode too.
- Timer: added option to generate sound internally if the standard notification system doesn\’t make sounds.
- Added languages: Serbian, Croatian.
- Improved languages: Russian, German, Romanian, Hungarian.
- Improved color chooser dialog. Thanks to Yuku.
May 20, 2015
- Changed name to Android Army Knife. See FAQ
- Added flashlight widget
- Improved languages: Russian, Turkish, Greek
- Stopwatch: fixed wrong stop-to-start transition when coming back to the app after pressing the home button
- Calculator: fixed bug: “when switching from scientific mode to standard mode the word DEG remains at the top of the input”
- Timer: added possibility to configure number of timers
Version 1.5.0 … bis
June 17, 2015
- Changed the English name to Army Knife for Android because of a Google request. Let’s hope this one will make it…
Jan 20, 2018
- Added a “settings” button inside each tool to overcome the lack of the “menu” button in modern smartphones (SORRY for the HUGE delay!!!)
- Implemented the permissions requests at run time (the only authorization that will be asked is the usual permission to use the camera, required by flashlight, magnifying glass and mirror)
- Removed, in the app description, every reference to the army knife maker with the red logo, because this is forbidden by the play-store rules…
Jan 25, 2018
- Removed unwanted and unused permission to access the telephone number and telephone ID (Thanks Android Compat Library…)
- Unit Converter: added UK imperial Pints.
- Timer: Fixed the “beep” duration issue.
- Shrinked a bit the apk size.
- Fixed some minor issues.
Feb 4, 2018
- Timer: Removed the delay on alarm notification (please test if the fix is working on your device).
- Timer: Fixed switch between portrait/landscape and vice versa problem on digits.
- Flashlight: Fixed the issue that caused the flashlight to turn off entering standby on some devices.
- Flashlight widget: The widget size is back to 1×1 as is was meant to be.
- All: Fixed the “all button labels are capitalized” issue.
- All: Now every tool is independent. For example you can
1) start a tool
2) go back to the launcher
3) start another tool
and you’ll see three different apps (launcher, tool1 and tool2) in the app list of your device